Sunday, March 11, 2007

Costco


As usual, I would like to thank who wrote me a coment on my previous blog. And this time it's only SCOTT !! Thanks Scott


Today I went to Costco, which a great place that sells almost everything. There are idea about selling is great. They go to factories and buy a large amount of something so that they can guarantee having the “quantity discount” and the cheapest price of the good. However, when you get into there, you will see all the huge shelves filled with theses goods starting from a milk jar to a small moveable garage. Anyways, because of buying goods directly from the factory, the prices are probably the cheapest. And actually, I have been always thinking this way, instead of going to somewhere to buy something, I should go to the producer to guarantee the cheapest price, and this is what their policies are. I think they make profits from the memberships. You cannot shop there unless you have a membership. IN fact they are making lots of profits from this way of working. They actually opened a branch in UK. Anyways, to many people, it is worthwhile to have the membership. And for most people, shopping on Sunday is the best. Today after getting what we want, we had to wait in the line up for about half an hour. It was unbelievably crowded. People, were actually fighting about who got first in the line up!! I guess this gives us a lesson: always avoid Sundays to go shopping or maybe at least grocery shopping.

5 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I never go to Costco. I avoid it like the plague! Acutally, I don't have a membership. It seems like such a far way away from my house. Sure, I could save money, but then I'd lose my entire Sunday . . .

Felice said...

I have never been there, but last Sunday I was told that this shop has what I need - electrical potato grater!!!!! I was searching it for so long! You know we, Lithuanians, can't live without bulviniai blynai, kugelis or cepelinai - all these great dishes need grated potatoes mush :) So I'm gonna visit that shop some time soon :p

SabRina said...

Yeah, I think Costco is a good place for buy everything, but only one thing i think there not do very well is not a lot of fresh fruit...

Becky said...

Costco? I have never been there before. Thanks for your kind recommendation~~~ haha
maybe I'll travel there some days in order to buy some lovely things for my new apartment!!

Becky

Sane said...

Costco
You know my host family always buy things from Costco, but I've never been there! from what you said I assume that it's a good place, but I dunno, I like Safeway the best.

Cheers